Don’t misThe MSASA Day Conference (Including MSASA Annual General Meeting) is open to MSASA members, and non-member doctors, provided they hold current AHPRA registration.
The day will be a combination of plenary sessions and breakout sessions with a choice of topics for breakout sessions . The program will include:
- An update on CPD requirements for MSAs
- An update on the Medicare Review
- A risk management session presented by our indemnity partner, MIGA. For MIGA members, this session will also count towards your annual risk management program.
- Plastic surgery – an overview of wound closure techniques and how to deal with infected wounds. Suturing workshop for up to 32 participants.
- Safety in the OR including patient positioning, skin preparation, intra-op use of radiation and local anaesthetics.
- Orthopaedics – Navigation in orthopaedics including use of the Mako robot, and an overview of Spinal Sagittal Balance and its relevance in spinal fusion surgery.
- The Da Vinci robot system – a certificate course for those seeking accreditation to assist with Da Vinci cases.
- Practice economics – an overview of patient billing, item numbers and coding, combined with a session discussing common emergencies in the OR and how to manage them
- Resuscitation update – an RACGP certified (for CME) resuscitation course.
Your conference fee includes:
- All sessions for the day including the breakfast session, morning plenary sessions, and afternoon breakout sessions.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, including tea and coffee.
The conference dinner will be at the Park Hyatt Hotel, 1 Parliament Place, Melbourne from 6.30 pm to 9.30pm.
Tickets – MSASA members receive discounted tickets and will need to have their membership number when registering. Early bird discounts end on the 31st January, 2019. All event participants are required to have an AHPRA medical registration number.
Breakout Sessions – event participants will be required to indicate their preferred breakout sessions when registering for the conference.