MembershipThe benefits of being a MSASA member
MSASA believes that:
- The primacy of the doctor-patient relationship is essential to the highest quality and ethical clinical treatment of patients.
- Continuous improvement in our professional development will ensure that we remain pro-active, not reactive to developments in surgical assisting.
You can play your important part in ensuring that threats to your professional future are confronted, by being a member of MSASA – your medico-political organisation.
Key attributes of the Medical Surgical Assistants Society of Australia are
Benefits of membership with the MSASA
- We keep you updated on topics of importance
- We link you to other members through our national co-ordinator
- We represent your issues. MSASA responds to issues through submissions, lobbying, and campaigning.
- MSASA Annual Report detailing MSASA activities through the year.
- Industrial relations advice on practice issues.
- Exclusive access to members only resources and material
Cost of membership
Annual membership fees are $300.00, invoiced in January each year. Members can pay with credit card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
MSASA is currently involved in negotiations with the Medicare Review about your future.
It’s time to act and join MSASA now. To be eligible, you must be a registered medical practitioner in good standing who is currently, or will be in the future, involved in medical surgical assisting.
Australia has the highest standards of surgical care in the world. Our medical surgical assistants are independent professionals with a direct duty of care to their patients. MSASA wants to maintain these high standards, and to do so we need you to act now and join.