The day will be a combination of plenary sessions (am program) and breakout sessions with a choice of topics (pm program). The program will include:
- An update on CPD requirements for MSAs
- An update on the Medicare Review
- A risk management session presented by our indemnity partner, MIGA. For MIGA members, this session will also count towards your annual risk management program.
- Plastic surgery – wound closure techniques, including flaps and grafts and how to deal with infected wounds. Suturing workshop.
- Safety in the OR including patient positioning, skin preparation, intra-op use of radiation and local anaesthetics.
- Orthopaedics – synthetic bone graft substitutes, navigation in orthopaedics, and a plaster workshop
- Robots in surgery, an overview of the Da Vinci robot’s applications across specialties, and possibly a hands on session with the Da Vinci system
- Practice economics – patient billing, item numbers and coding.
- MRI – an overview of MRI of the major joints and spine
- A rescuscitation update, including common emergencies in the OR and how to manage them.
Download the full conference program and conference updates please checkout our member news
Your conference fee includes:
- All sessions for the day including the breakfast session, morning plenary sessions, and afternoon breakout sessions.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, including tea and coffee.
The conference dinner will be at Epworth Richmond, or a nearby location if a larger venue is required.
Tickets – MSASA members receive discounted tickets and will need to have their membership number when registering. Early bird discounts end on the 31st January, 2019. All event participants are required to have an AHPRA registration number.
Breakout Sessions – event participants will be required to indicate their preferred breakout sessions when registering for the conference.