Don’t miss the MSASA Day Conference (Including MSASA Annual General Meeting) on Saturday 21st March 2020. Following the great success of this year’s meeting we are looking forward to another packed day of CPD for MSAs. The meeting is open to MSASA members, and non-member doctors, provided they hold current AHPRA registration.
The day will be a combination of plenary sessions and breakout sessions with a choice of topics for breakout sessions.
- An update from the Medial Board on proposed CPD requirements for MSAs
- A risk management session presented by our indemnity partner, MIGA. For MIGA members, this session will also count towards your annual risk management program.
- Plastic surgery – an advanced suturing workshop with 75 minute allocation. If demand is strong a second session will be organised for the afternoon breakout
- An overview of MRI of the Major Joints and Spine.
- Radiation Safety in the OR – how to protect yourself and others.
- Navigation in orthopaedics including use of the Mako robot for joint replacement
- Use of the Da Vinci robot system – a certificate course for those seeking accreditation to assist with Da Vinci cases.
- Resuscitation update – an RACGP certified (for CME) resuscitation course.
- An overview of bone graft substitutes
- An overview of bone tumours and their management
- How to deal with vascular emergencies in the OR
- Common hand injuries and their management
- An overview of the latest techniques in bowel oncology surgery
- Modern approaches to Spinal fusion
- Oncoplastics – an overview.
Your conference fee includes:
- All sessions for the day including the breakfast session, morning plenary sessions, and afternoon breakout sessions.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, including tea and coffee.
The conference dinner will be from 6.30 pm to 9.30pm
MSASA members receive discounted tickets and will need to have their membership number when registering. Early bird discounts end on the 31st January, 2019.
All event participants are required to have an AHPRA medical registration number.
For ticketing enquiries, please contact
Phemi McMahon, Clinical Education and Simulation Administration Assistant
Email:euphemia.mcmahon @ epworth.org.au
Phone: +61 3 9516 2535