The MSASA Day Conference (Including MSASA Annual General Meeting) is open to MSASA members, and non-member doctors, provided they hold current AHPRA registration.
The day will be a combination of plenary sessions and breakout sessions with a choice of topics for breakout sessions . The program will include:
- An update on CPD requirements for MSAs
- An update on the Medicare Review
- A risk management session presented by our indemnity partner, MIGA. For MIGA members, this session will also count towards your annual risk management program.
- Plastic surgery – an overview of wound closure techniques and how to deal with infected wounds. Suturing workshop for up to 32 participants.
- Safety in the OR including patient positioning, skin preparation, intra-op use of radiation and local anaesthetics.
- Orthopaedics – Navigation in orthopaedics including use of the Mako robot, and an overview of Spinal Sagittal Balance and its relevance in spinal fusion surgery.
- The Da Vinci robot system – a certificate course for those seeking accreditation to assist with Da Vinci cases.
- Practice economics – an overview of patient billing, item numbers and coding, combined with a session discussing common emergencies in the OR and how to manage them
- Resuscitation update – an RACGP certified (for CME) resuscitation course.
Your conference fee includes:
- All sessions for the day including the breakfast session, morning plenary sessions, and afternoon breakout sessions.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, including tea and coffee.
The conference dinner will be at the Park Hyatt Hotel, 1 Parliament Place, Melbourne from 6.30 pm to 9.30pm.
Tickets – MSASA members receive discounted tickets and will need to have their membership number when registering. All event participants are required to have an AHPRA medical registration number.
Breakout Sessions – event participants will be required to indicate their preferred breakout sessions when registering for the conference.